Plein Air Workshop with Theresa Grillo Laird
- Apr 27–28, 2019
- Carnegie Visual Arts Center
Come study outdoor painting with
Theresa Grillo Laird. Cost is $275.
This includes lunch both days.
Theresa has exhibited with the American Impressionist Society and Oil Painters of America and her work has appeared in Plein Air magazine.
All images copyright of the artist.
Theresa will begin Saturday morning at the Carnegie, then the group will travel to a local North Alabama farm for the remainder of the workshop for an outdoor plein air experience.
During this workshop she will be:
• Giving a quick tour of plein air supplies and explaining various approaches to plein air painting
• Addressing the way that natures colors differ from tube colors, and demonstrating how to achieve an outdoor color that is naturalistic and expressive
• Helping students to make color mixtures to be put on their palettes in preparation for the afternoon painting session
• Explaining how to create a readable and intentional value design on the canvas
• Teaching students to work on small simple value compositions.